Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Stitch n Pitch; Mystery Project; Mom's Socks

I went to Stitch n Pitch night at Safeco Field last night with my knitting group. We watched the Mariners get CREAMED by the Blue Jays. It was really rather sad!

I really enjoyed myself. I carpooled with two other women from my knitting group. The drive over was reasonably pleasant. We parked near the field and went in to find our seats. We were in the very very top row, behind home plate. Great seats! Good view of the whole field, and we had the sun at our backs (until it went down, of course). It was nice because the sun felt warm and toasty on my back but it was not in my eyes and wasn't too hot. Thank heavens things cooled down yesterday or it could have been miserable! Anyway, I was very impressed by my seat. Yes, it was a long way up (I didn't count the flights of stairs but it was a fair few!) but it was a good view.

The game itself was pretty good besides the fact that we lost. By about 10 runs. Ouch.

I must say, however, I was astounded at the lack of *baseball*. It's been a few years since I've been to a game - and I'll admit that I was sitting in the "stitchers" area, so it was full of (mostly) women who may or may not really enjoy watching baseball - but I felt like for many people, the emphasis was on the food and the non-baseball entertainment. It seemed like the video screen was always showing something TOTALLY unrelated to the game. There were prize drawings, quiz games, hide-a-ball-under-a-hat-and-move-them-around, a simulated car race, etc. When the teams were switching places and doing a quick warm-up, BAM, something else would come up on the screen. I really wonder if anyone was actually watching THE GAME.


I did, however, get a lot of knitting done. I made good progress on the mystery project - I've finished the last piece! I'm going to set it to block shortly and hopefully be able to assemble it soon. Then I need to add another bit to it, and it will be finished. Yay! My yarn fears were unfounded; apparently I'm a horrible judge of how much yarn is left. Yay!
 
I also worked on a sock for my mother. It's the second of a pair that I started over a year ago, if I recall correctly, and it has been calling my name recently just begging to be finished. I used Knitpick's Sock Garden in Morning Glory and it is luscious. It's 100% Merino Wool so I'm sure it will pill and felt and possibly wear out sooner rather than later but it is so soft!
 
I'm using two circs for these socks, I have no idea what size - 2, perhaps - and Kathryn Tewson's Universal Sock Pattern. For the top of the foot and the leg, it's 3x1 rib and the cuff is 2x2 if I am remembering correctly. I hope Mom likes them! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Thursday, July 27, 2006, Blogger Abigail B. said...

It's not *quite* accurate in this photo - the yellow is more yellow and less orange - but it is a very nice color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home