Friday, July 07, 2006

New Project

I started work on a new project on Wednesday at knitting group. It's going to be a secret for now, so I won't share details, but I'm making good progress. I have two big complaints, however.

I purchased the yarn for this from Knitpicks. I selected two of their sock yarns (one solid, one patterned). The yarns are from different lines, but their gauges and fiber content matched. However, THEY'RE DIFFERENT. They feel different, they behave differently, and one is slightly thicker than the other. It's driving me crazy. Also, the colors don't match as well when knitted up as they did in the balls. Oh well.

I'm pleased with the project so far - I'm hitting gauge dead on, which always makes me happy. I'm also moving pretty quickly which again, makes me happy.

I'll take some pictures this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home