Wednesday, July 12, 2006

New Soaker

 
After ripping out the previous funny-shaped soaker, I started this one. I am using the WonderShorts pattern from Wooly Wonder, with the Curly Purly pleated waistband. I worked the initial 1x1 rib for an inch, then 1 inch of the next step in the waistband, then another inch of the last step. Then I added two short rows at 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 inches and worked even until 5 1/2 inches where I worked the crotch gusset thing. Now I'm working on the legs. I am too cheap to buy a long Addi, and my Denise needles don't work for Magic Loop (too stiff- I'm lusting after the Knitpicks Needles to the point of thinking about selling my Denises to fund a Knitpicks purchase....), so I'm two-needle-ing it with the Addi and a Denise. I have no idea what size Addi it is; it's the 16" circ I use for hats out of C220 and since this is a soaker out of 220, I decided it would work. Seems to have done so, I'm getting gauge dead on. Now I just have to work the legs until they are as long as I want them. I'm thinking 3 inches total - the baby's got a 7" inseam, so that should be knee-length? The pattern calls for four rows of garter at the end but I'm thinking four rows of seed stitch instead.

I skipped my knitting group tonight so I can go scrapbooking on Friday (there's just too much to do to do it all! I picked the wrong career to have multiple hobbies..), and I am missing the comraderie. I'll probably miss next week too because I have an exam on Thursday morning. Ah, well. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At Thursday, July 13, 2006, Blogger Abigail B. said...

Thanks for the tips! I'm definitely going for the 'build your own kit' option, because I'm not keen on the larger sizes. I've used 32" addis for magic-loop socks before, so I'm thinking it'll be possible on these. Do the one-piece circs also have 4 - 4.5" tips? I'm pretty sure I prefer socks on two circs at any rate ;)

I've heard they're going to be making longer one-piecers, too.

I love my Denises but not for magic loop or anything fiddly the cables are just too stiff. I'm tempted to keep them anyway and just splurge on some KP needles... ;)

 
At Thursday, July 13, 2006, Blogger Abigail said...

What is that yarn? It's a pretty color.

 
At Friday, July 14, 2006, Blogger Abigail B. said...

Abigail, it's Cascade 220 - one of their heathered colors. I don't remember which one, unfortunately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home