Monday, April 16, 2007

Cute Shorties!

I just finished these adorable shorties. They are "small" with an unstretched waist of 14", hips of 16", and a rise of ~15". The inseam is 3".
The yarn is gorgeous, an organic merino (Stallion). the colorway is called "Lion Cub" and it is a Yarn of the Month club yarn from the Irish Baby Knits yarn of the month club. This yarn is seriously heaven. It is dyed by Hilary of Dashing Dachs. According to IBK, "Stallion is a Aran/bulky weight yarn, with 152 yards per four ounce skein, and a recommended needle size of US 10-11."
I used needles sized 2 and 3 (I seem to get the same gauge with a yarn regardless of needle size, unless I go really small or big, and I had circs in those sizes readily available) and it worked up to a nice, firm fabric that is not stiff and just feels wonderful. They probably took about 5 hours total.
The best part? I used Every Single Bit of the yarn, exactly. It was perfect. Actually, I would have liked a tiny bit more yarn because I like the cord a bit longer but it's long enough and I'm satisfied :)
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At Monday, April 16, 2007, Blogger FannyHams said...

oh my goodness!!!! its so adorable! and so... very much lions mane!!! love love love love love it!

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Cute! Which pattern is it from?

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007, Blogger Abigail B. said...

Thanks, Diana!
It's a combination of lots of different patterns - the waist from "Picky Pants" from Little Turtle Knits, short rows from the free Curly Purly soaker, gusset from Pam's Perfection Pants, and legs modified from the Picky Pants pattern - with my own stitch count, since my gauge didn't match any of the patterns above :)

 
At Tuesday, April 17, 2007, Blogger Abigail B. said...

Kristen, you are so right - it does! Too funny!

I used bits and pieces from 3 patterns but they are all patterns I have used before, and they are all broken down into sections so it's easy to pick and choose - just a pain to mess about with stitch counts to get it all to work out :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home