Friday, April 13, 2007

Mystery Project, Part 2 - Seaming

I am giving these pictures their own post because they are about seaming. I am very proud of my seams on this project. I have never seamed stockinette like this before. It is very tedious, kind of annoying, but dead easy. The biggest problem was keeping hold of the selvedge stitches (tiny!) so I could pick up the bar with my needle.
See how long and straight and, well, perfect the seam is? See how annoyingly obvious the color changes are in from this angle?
The sleeve was not quite as easy due to the constant increases - but all in all, not too shabby for a first try! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At Friday, April 13, 2007, Blogger Abigail said...

Very nice seams! They're a bit like magic when you get them right, aren't they?

Is this a sweater for you? Why is it a mystery? :)

 
At Saturday, April 14, 2007, Blogger Abigail B. said...

Ohh.. definitely not for me, it's baby sized. It's a mystery because way back in the day I didn't post big pictures of it or say what it was, I tried to get some friends to guess what it is. Now it's a mystery because I don't know what I'm going to do to finish it ;P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home