Friday, May 19, 2006

Katrina Rib

I purchased yarn for the Katrina Rib pattern in March or something like that. I chose Knitpick's Merino Style in Cinnamon. I love it! It's a nice warm brown.

I started work on this on the day my brother graduated from UPS (the 14th). I worked on it for a few hours during the commencement ceremony and in the car on the way down. Probably three hours total. I cast on and knit a few rows and then realised I'd messed up the pattern so I had to start over. Also, I don't have a short enough circular in the right size so I was using the magic loop method, and that slows me down. I was getting annoyed with the lack of progress I was making.

Wednesday, I went to a local knitting group for the first time (Eastside Stitchers) and pulled out my project and started knitting. A few rows later I realised I didn't have to do the magic loop anymore, I had increased enough so that the jumper fits around the whole needle (it's knit top down). How exciting! However, this also meant that I now had a lot more stitches per row :) Anyway, I got about two hours' worth in on Wednesday evening, and probably an hour over the course of the week at work (during lunches and when waiting for queries to run). I can't believe how quickly it seems to be going, because when I look at it I realise I've only done 35 rounds.

The merino style is a beautiful yarn to work with, too. It feels nice, looks nice and doesn't split much at all. The jumper is coming along nicely - in about 10 more rows, I get to split off the sleeves, and I'm going to try it on at that point. Hope it fits!!

2 Comments:

At Friday, May 19, 2006, Blogger Abigail said...

Hey, did you know that pattern was designed by a friend of mine? :)

I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

 
At Saturday, May 20, 2006, Blogger Abigail B. said...

I did, or at least I knew that you knew her - I found the pattern somehow through your livejournal :)

I'm really getting excited about it - I'm hoping for some cooler weather once I finish so I can wear it right away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home