Thursday, August 17, 2006

A Year in the Making

 
I started these socks over a year ago. To be precise, I printed out the pattern (Kathryn Tewson's Universal Sock Pattern) on 6/8/2005. I will say that I don't remember if I did this in America or in England, so that could be either June 8 or 6 August. Either way, it was over a year ago. I finally finished the second sock last week at my knitting group, wove in the ends on Saturday, and sent them off to the recipient on Tuesday. They were for my mother. She received them today and really likes them! I was worried that the tall cuffs would be too tall to not have any shaping, but alas they are okay!!

Specs:
Kathryn Tewson's cuff-down Universal Sock Pattern, cast on 64 stitches. Two circs at once, size 1 or 2 (I don't recall). 8 sts/inch, at any rate. k2, p2 ribbing for 16 rounds. K3, p1 ribbing for 64 rounds. Sl 1, k1 flap-and-gusset heel. Approx 64 rows in the foot, with k3, p1 ribbing on the top. Knitpicks' Sock Memories in Morning Glory. 100% Merino Wool. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Said mom truly does love them!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home