Sunday, March 18, 2007

Mitts for Amelia

I made these mitts for a friend to try out for her baby, who likes to suck her thumb. You can't tell in these photos, but each mitt has a little slit on the side where she can poke her thumb out and suck on it. I tried to make the hole big enough that the thumb and the part of the hand where the thumb branches out will both fit through the hole, so she doesn't end up sucking the mitt, but I'm not positive I managed. They are just 2x2 rib for the cuff and then worked plain for a bit before decreasing at the top. There's an eyelet row too that I threaded a twisted cord through to help the mitts stay on.
The yarn is Cascade 220, dyed by some WAHM - I got a bit of the yarn (half a skein?) as part of a trade recently and what better use to put it to than this! It's so pretty, I wish I could get more of it, but I have no idea who dyed it.

For the future, I think I would modify the pattern ever so slightly by starting out with fewer rib stitches and increasing for the mitt. I would also do the right number of stitches to do 5-6 decreases at the top instead of 4. Overall, for a made-up pattern, I think this is just fine.

I'm still waiting to see if they actually fit/function, though! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At Sunday, March 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Boris.

 
At Monday, March 19, 2007, Blogger Abigail B. said...

Thanks, dear :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home