Sunday, January 14, 2007

FuzzyFeet

I had two skeins of this gorgeous yarn from
IrishBabyKnits in Eire, on their (her?) Lindon Merino. It's a lovely squishable soft yarn. I wasn't quite sure what to do with it, and finally settled on a pair of Fuzzyfeet from Knitty. I knit them up in just a couple of nights but I haven't had the courage to felt them yet. I only used just under one skein of the yarn, so I still have another skein-and-a-bit left. I'm not 100% sure that this is the best use for this yarn, and once I felt them, that's it!

Here's a close-up of the color, a bit more accurate than the photo above. It's really pretty! The yarn is sort of minimally processed so there were just a few flecks of vegetable matter in it. Not any worse than Noro Kureyon, that's for sure. I am toying with the idea of ripping it out and trying the Felted Mocs from Fiber Trends instead, but I just can't decide. I should probably make a child's hat/mitten/scarf set and call it quits since felting seems to be a "waste" of this gorgeous yarn, but I don't know any kid who needs said set nor am I generous enough to donate this delicious yarn to a stranger :P Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home