Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cute set!

I made this cute set for a friend's toddler. I used Peace Fleece in Volgasippi Blue (more teal than expected) and Father's Grey (darker than expected). I seem to have a slight allergy to either Peace Fleece's processing methods or mohair. If I forgot to wash my hands after working with the yarn before rubbing my eyes, they got really itchy.

I used inspiration from some different wrap sweater patterns to come up with this one, which is completely seamless - I worked the body in the round and then did a 3-needle bind off for the shoulders. Then, I picked up stitches and worked the sleeves in the round down to the cuffs. Then, I picked up stitches and worked the band around the neck opening. The ties are twisted cords. If I did it again, I would probably prefer buttons, or maybe ribbon. Not sure, really.

These shorties are a little more capri-length, but the toddler will grow in to them. I love the little pocket detail - I got the idea for the pocket from a friend from my knitting group's longies/shorties pattern. Too cute! I just hope my sewing stands up to the abuse of a toddler :)

The two pieces together - the sweater looks huge compared to the shorties, but I wanted to be sure it fits for long enough to make it worth all of my time :)
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 24, 2007, Blogger Abigail said...

That is adorable!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home