Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fingerless Gloves

(This is the second time I have posted a post successfully according to the new Blogger only to have it not show up on my Blogspot page. I am really not happy with new Blogger lately - anyone have suggestions for a photo-friendly blog site?)

I'm making these gloves for the friend of a woman in my knitting group. She has a disease that means she has to wear gloves nearly all the time, so the woman in my knitting group has put out a call for fingerless gloves for her friend.
I think I bit off a bit more than I should have on this one - I'm making them up entirely. I'm not sure I'm pleased enough with them to give them to someone else. I think the middle finger is a bit too long and that's easy to fix. However, I think the palm is a bit too bunchy (possibly just due to the thickness of the yarn) and I don't have the patience to fix that. I'm also not positive I can recreate it for the other hand. So this might be a single glove for me - we'll see.
I do really like this detail around the cuff; it reminds me of leaves on a vine.
I am very proud of my thumb gusset, though!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At Thursday, June 14, 2007, Blogger Cookie said...

Those are wonderful! Well done, you!

Have you thought about wordpress? I've heard good things about them.

 
At Thursday, June 14, 2007, Blogger Abigail B. said...

Yep, I looked into WordPress last night and I think I will be switching over. Just trying to decide if I want to try to host it myself, or just have it on WordPress.

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home