Saturday, May 26, 2007

Nashua Wooly Stripes

I picked this yarn up on sale last year. I had other plans for it originally but they fell through. So I tried the yarn as "Danica" from Knitty. I liked the pattern fine but not with this yarn. I didn't realise the blue yarn had this teal color in it (you couldn't tell in the skein), or that the red color went so yellow-orange.
Instead, I decided it would be a felted bag. I quite like it, pre-felted (back).
Pre-felted (front). I wish I had thought to measure it. Alas I didn't. It seemed nearly big enough to be a sweater!
Post-felted. Ignore the bags and boxes coming out of it. Blocking is tricky!
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

At Saturday, May 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a REALLY cute bag!

 
At Saturday, May 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Michelle! I'm super excited about it :) It is so not my style but I love it!

 
At Saturday, May 26, 2007, Blogger Abigail said...

That is really pretty! I love the way the colors look in the bag. I think you're right that it works better as stripes.

 
At Saturday, June 02, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

That is so cute! I love the stripes both between the two yarns and the ones naturally formed. Much better then the scarf.

 
At Sunday, June 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kimberly - yes, the scarf was a Bad Idea! :)

 
At Friday, June 08, 2007, Blogger Lisa :) said...

found your blog through MDC, and have to tell you I LOVE that bag!! Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home