Saturday, July 01, 2006

One Skein swap

I have been participating in the One Skein swap. I wish I had thought to take a photo of the skein I sent my pal, but alas, I didn't.

On Friday I received my skein from my pal. It's beautiful. I love it. It is a lovely wool yarn that looks handpainted. I don't know if it is or not, but it's really pretty - blues and greens, just my favourite colours! I might look through the One Skein book again to see if I am inspired to make anything special, but it may become a basic hat for me, using the Needle Beetle pattern that I love. At 165 yards, it is probably a little shy (I usually use Cascade 220 and have a small amount left), so I'll have to hunt up a matching solid for a stripe or two.

Here are some photos:






1 Comments:

At Monday, July 03, 2006, Blogger Abigail said...

That is a pretty yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home