Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Clapotis

I am finally contemplating knitting a Clapotis from Knitty. I have four skeins of Manos del Uruguay which demand something interesting but not too fancy. I hope this will be just the thing.

I have two colors of Manos; one solid (dark blue) and one variegated (dark blues/browney-oranges/teals). I would like to do stripes. Fibonacci inspired stripes.

I am concerned about having enough yarn but will buy more if necessary.

I have two options. Each requires a different striping pattern. One will mean a shorter/possibly thinner scarf/shawl/wrap, the other a larger/possibly wider one.

Which striping pattern is more eye-pleasing? Keep in mind that the stripes will be at a 45 degree angle. Ignore the fact that I used a different color in the second option.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Abigail said...

I like the top option better.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another vote for the top option. I think it will complement the dropped stitches more than the other will.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006, Blogger Abigail B. said...

Thanks, guys (gals)! I'll go with the first option. It'll make for a smaller/shorter Clapotis but maybe then I won't need to buy more yarn! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home