Monday, August 21, 2006

Thank you, Secret Pal!

I received my final package from my One Skein Secret Pal today. WOW! I have the best pal EVER. She sent me a whole box full of goodies, including something for the cat! He LOVES his kitty wonton - I am not sure if it's stuffed with catnip or if it just holds an inherent appeal for cats but he pounced on it as soon as I showed it to him and spent a good thirty minutes cuddling his new toy.


She also made me a BEAUTIFUL purse! It's from a pattern called "Twitterpated" and uses one skein of Fantasy Naturale by Plymouth. She has sewn in a lovely lining that matches the yarn wonderfully and added a leather strap. The construction of this purse is amazing, I can never get my linings quite so neat! I really like the strap, too. I suppose it is only right to mention that the purse almost exactly matches the dress that I am probably wearing to a wedding this Saturday, for which I have (had!) no matching purse.

As if that weren't enough, I also got a skein of Blue Sky Organic Cotton in a lovely creamy color. I have been eyeing this stuff, but haven't tried it myself. It is just as soft as I imagined! Wow. I am not sure what I'll do with it yet, but something very special. The photo of the ball didn't turn out very well, so I won't bore you with it - but it is wonderful!

She also sent me several things which I am sure she just thought would be neat little additions but are things I have been looking *everywhere* for recently! It's as if she read my mind.

Item 1: mini mints (in a Red Sox tin - do you think she knew I'm from NH? :) ) with NO NUTRASWEET!
Item 2: A magnetic notepad for the fridge (for grocery lists) - it even has a matching pencil with a magnetic strip glued on to it!
Item 3: Travel size containers of Bath and Body Works (::drools:: I missed this stuff in England!) body wash and shower gel
Item 4: The Original Boston Baked Beans Candy Coated Peanuts .. I have to admit, I wasn't actually looking everywhere for these, but I *have* been craving something sweet'n'salty lately... ;)
Item 5: Burt's Bees Lip Balm. This stuff is wonderful but I never manage to find it when I'm looking.
Item 6: The most adorable magnet in the shape of a cat, with a little fish dangling from his mouth - and a spot for a little photo in the middle. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home