Friday, September 08, 2006

Soaker for Mikenzie

A coworker is having a baby and her shower is Friday (er, yes, I know that is 6 days away). Here's the soaker I'm working on for her. I think I need to rip and re-knit the cuff, so I haven't done the second one yet. I'm still not confident in the height - the leg opening is ever so slightly larger than I think it should be - but I can't decide if it matters. I'm leaning toward thinking it doesn't, provided my cuffs are loose enough. I KNOW the cuff needs to be un-bound-off and redone more loosely. I tried a sewn bind off and it looked tacky so I tried just being extra loose - no go. Outside of that, I suspect I might have made the cuff slightly too small at the end. It fits up to my elbow which seems like it should be big enough for a chunky baby thigh but I am just never sure! So, I'm undecided. Until I decide, the other cuff will not be knit.  
 
  Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At Saturday, September 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that would probably be ok for a newborn. They have skinny legs!
Good idea to make the long ribbed legs.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006, Blogger Abigail said...

Is the blue in the second picture true? It's very pretty!

 
At Sunday, September 10, 2006, Blogger Abigail B. said...

Yes, the middle picture is probably closest to true - I really like it! It works much better doubled like this; it striped and pooled horribly single-stranded.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home