Saturday, March 24, 2007

Fiber Trends Felted Clogs - Finished!

These took a lot longer to felt than I expected! The pattern said 10-30 minutes and they took the full 30 minutes, if not more. I kept pulling them out to try them on and it was very tricky because the water was HOT!
Here is a view looking down. You can see how stiff they are and how well they hold the shape! You can also kind of tell that the felt is slightly "textured". Knitpicks Wool of the Andes does this also, but I don't remember Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride doing it. I will have to investigate this phenomenon more thoroughly in the future.
A much better fit, post-felting!

After wearing them around the house a bit, I am definitely going to add something to the sole - either black puff paint or leather soles - because they are very slippery on tile/linoleum.
I also think they could have been ever so slightly smaller, too - they are stretching out a bit with wear. But, I will be wearing them over thicker socks at the ski cabin so I will leave them as they are for the time being. I have enough yarn for another pair for the house, so I just might make those a size smaller. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Sunday, March 25, 2007, Blogger Abigail B. said...

Kristen,
I think the darkish pink and red combo is the same one I have for my second pair! I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out :)

I had a hard time tracking down the pattern, too - it was available all over online but I hate to pay $5 shipping for a sheet of paper, you know? I finally bought my copy from a friend which worked out well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home