Thursday, May 03, 2007

Vanilla Spice

I've been working late a lot lately so the pictures aren't great - there's no sunlight to be had inside by the time I get home!
I am making progress though. I'm nearly finished my second hank, and nearly finished with the underarm section of the cardigan. I am worried about running out of yarn because I lied in my previous post - my gauge is *not* spot-on. I'm getting an extra row per inch, or an extra 4 rows per 4 inches, also known as an extra 20 rows per the 21.75" finished height of the cardigan. (Did I mention I'm also adding an extra .75" to the length? I'd add more, but that worked out nicely in terms of button spacing, freaking out about yarn, etc.)
The pattern is nice. Not too fussy, not too complicated. Easy to mindlessly knit. My edges are a little sloppy so I'll be spending time manually adjusting them when I finish but I'd rather do that than pick up & knit the front bands separately :)

Cross your fingers for me that I *dont* need another skein of this stuff. I'm doubtful it will work but it can't hurt!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At Friday, May 04, 2007, Blogger Abigail said...

I love the yarn you've chosen for this. Looks great!

 
At Friday, May 04, 2007, Blogger Michelle said...

Looking good! I do like the pattern... hopefully soon I'll yarn for to make one for myself. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home