Friday, September 15, 2006

More Longies!

This pair of longies is made with Irish Baby Knits' Elenya Alpaca yarn in the colorway Nolan. It's really pretty - the orange isn't quite as bright as it is in this photo. I really love the yarn, it's so soft. A little thinner than worsted weight but still very nice. I am not sure if I should be worried about running out of yarn or not but I am. We'll see.

I cast on 96 stitches, and I'm using the Curly Purly waistband with short rows. I'm beginning to wish I had started 2" in so I could work the cuffs/waist in a contrasting color if I need to. Oh well.

These top two photos show the front and the back. I am working 4 short rows - one at 2", 3", 4" (where the ribbing pattern changes) and a final one at 5". This is because Leif needs a bit more room in the rear, based on the trial pair. As you can see from this photo that creates a little jog in the color pattern - but it's still cute.

I'm half tempted to rip it all out and try again with only 88 stitches (multiples of 8 are needed for the waistband). It might change the striping just enough to avoid the pooling.

I am really loving the colors. I wouldn't have chosen them but they really are lovely. There are small bits of green where the blue and yellow intersect and a deeper almost brown color where blue and orange meet. Oh so pretty! It makes me want to take up dyeing. Like I need another hobby!

The Elenya Alpaca is an alpaca/merino blend. It's very soft and ever so slightly fuzzy. I have heard it may pill slightly but it stays just as soft as it is now - which is lovely. It will be nice against little Leif's delicate baby skin :) Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At Sunday, September 17, 2006, Blogger Abigail said...

I like those colors, very pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home